A Brain Breakthrough Masterclass for Teenagers
How to keep your cool and communicate with confidence
Strengths and talents
Focus and Control
Did you know that emotional intelligence is essential for managing our emotions and communication? It has also been proven to be a better predictor of success in life than IQ!
One way to think about emotional intelligence is that it’s part of being ‘people smart’. Individuals with greater emotional intelligence demonstrate a more stable performance in academics, work, and personal relationships. Unlike IQ, people can actually improve their emotional intelligence if they know what to do.
This masterclass will support teens to improve their emotional intelligence, helping them better understand themselves and the people they interact with, and feel a greater sense of control and confidence in life.
Please only apply if you teen is based in the UK and currently studying at KS4 (GCSE) or KS5 (A-level) level. This masterclass is for teenagers only. Parents do not need to attend.
Price: £15 + VAT
Wednesday 21st April 5:30-7pm (GMT)
The masterclass will be led by Matt Rossler, one of our amazing executive function coaches who has 12 years of experience working with teens.
What is your teens executive function profile?
Please ask your teen to complete our executive function profiling questionnaire. Your teen will then be able to download a bespoke report with their strengths, what they can work on and how!
What will the masterclass cover?
- Strategies to manage your emotions, reduce stress and keep your cool
- The basic neuroscience behind strong emotions and why you get triggered
- Effective communication skills including listening and giving feedback
- Why emotional intelligence is important for success at school
All of this within 1.5 hours! Your teen will also meet other likeminded individuals who share similar challenges. We know from research that this can help confidence and social connection with peers.
What are the options?
*Even if your teen is not interested in the group coaching course they are still welcome to attend the masterclass.
Option 2: Support after the Masterclass
Flourish from Within
Flourish from Within is a 6-week program that empowers participants to better understand themselves and the people around them.The program focuses on building students emotional intelligence – better equipping them to regulate their emotions, communicate effectively and practice empathy.
Students will gain a basic understanding of executive functions, neuroplasticity and the impact their mindset has on their emotions and behaviour. Students will also gain an understanding of how to maximise their strengths, improve their weaknesses, and implement practical strategies to increase their communication and interpersonal skills.
Flourish form Within aims to increase students self-awareness, confidence, and motivation to take charge of their lies, and achieve their academic and social life goals.
Please note that this course will run for 6 consecutive weeks starting on Wednesday the 9th June at 5:30pm. Day and time is fixed.
Your teen must attend the masterclass and complete the EF questionnaire to be considered for the 6-week group coaching course.
What does the course cover?
How much does the course cost?
Each session is priced at £32.50 + VAT. The full course is £195 + VAT. A deposit of £50 + VAT is required upfront. This is followed by 2 equal monthly payments for the remaining amount. Places are very limited – all teens who attend the masterclass will be given the opportunity to book a space.
When does the course start?
The course will begin on Wednesday the 9th of June. Group coaching sessions are 1 hour and will run on Wednesdays at 5:30pm for 6 consecutive weeks. The day and time is fixed.
What will your teen learn?
- Increased self-awareness and confidence
- Basic understanding of brain development, neuroplasticity and executive functions
- Understand that with repetition and persistence it is possible to overcome their challenges
- The ability to understand and implement executive function strategies to improve emotional intelligence.
- Understand neurodiversity – its benefits and prevalence
- Build friendships and know that they are not alone on their journey
- Feel validated that their challenges are real, but that they can overcome these challenges!
How to apply for the Flourish from Within course
1. Complete the EF profiling questionnaire: Your teen completes our executive function profiling questionnaire and gets bespoke report with their strengths, what they can work on and how. Click here to complete the questionnaire.
2. Attend the masterclass: Sign up for the masterclass here.
3. Getting to know your teen: Following the masterclass, your teen will be asked to record a 1-2 minute audio or video recording answering the following 2 questions: 1) What would you like to get out of the course? 2) Tell us one fun fact about yourself!
4. Invitation to book the course: If your teen is successful, then you will be invited to book your teens place on the course with Matt by putting down a £50 + VAT deposit.
The course begins on Wednesday the 9th of June. Please note that you will not be able to book the course until after the masterclass.